Ear Surgery Toronto
Also known as otoplasty, can improve the shape, position of proportion of the ear. It can correct a defect in the ear structure that is present at birth, or it can treat misshapen ears caused by injury. It creates a natural shape while bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face.
Specifically ear surgery can treat:
- Overly large ears; a rare condition called macrotia.
- Protruding ears occurring on one or both sides in varying degrees not associated with hearing loss.
- Adult dissatisfaction with previous ear surgery
Children who are good candidates for ear surgery:
- Healthy, without a life threatening illness, or untreated chronic ear infections
- Generally 5 years old, or when a child’s ear cartilage is stable enough for correction
- Cooperative and follow instructions well
- Able to communicate their feelings and do not voice objections when surgery is discussed.
*Results may vary from person to person. Results can not be guaranteed*